Best Way To Get Rid Of Sticky Messes
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2019
The weekend ended much like any other weekend would. Packed bags, a car stuffed to the brim, and large hugs. As we drove back from a weekend spent with family we mentally prepared ourselves for the next work week. Feet turned to miles and minutes to hours as we drove home under streetlights and stars. After what seemed like ages, me and my wife finally pulled up in are driveway. With tired eyes we slowly unloaded the car, but to our horror we discovered is something we never expected….
To our dismay, caramel was spilled everywhere! An almost impossible sticky mess that covered our backseat. However, thanks to Chem-Dry and a little ingenuity we were able to clean up the mess completely! Read further to find some tips for getting rid of even the stickiest of messes.
To Safely Remove Caramel From Carpet Follow These Steps:
- First, wipe up what you can off the surface with a damp paper towel (Be careful not to push the caramel into the carpet when lifting it off!)
- Spray a little bit of Chem-Dry’s Professional Strength Spot Remover onto the stain (test on a small inconspicuous area before applying to entire stain)
- Get a wet bathroom towel (the thicker the cloth, the better the results) and put it over the sticky spot and let it dry on top of the mess.
- Leave the towel on the spot for several days. Sugar based carpet stains emulsify (get soft or liquid) even after they are hardened.
- Once was the towel is dry or only slightly damp, remove the cloth and spray the spot with 2-3 sprays of Professional Strength Spot Remover. Leave for 5 minutes and wipe up remaining residue
- Repeat steps as necessary
For extremely tough stains that do not come out, call A-1 Garden State Chem-Dry for all of your carpet and upholstery cleaning needs!
BACK TO BLOGS